Sunday, September 27, 2009

A list of strange things

1. Typhoon Ondoy has made a fucking shambles out of my home city and all its adjacent areas. Areas that had not been flooded before were inundated. Even starlets and celebrities had to ask for help from the roofs of their homes, and presidential aspirants are falling all over themselves to gather donations and help.

2. My SO and I are safe, as are my family. The SO and I had arranged to meet yesterday in a mall for food and a spot of shopping, I made it to his side - good move. Had we not gotten together, in all likelihood he would have been stuck at his office and I at our flat - with no way to meet. We checked in at an inn - were thankful for the tiny room - and came home this afternoon. Luckily our location was not too affected by the deluge.

3. PLEASE HELP AND GIVE WHAT YOU CAN. Here's a start: Send Red Cross donations through SMS by texting RED[space]AMOUNT (5, 25, 50, 100 or 300) to 2899 (Globe) or 4483 (Smart).

4. Before coming home, we completed the shopping - we bought clothes and books and bread. Bare necessities.

5. Tomorrow I will turn 27. I will likely spend the day attempting to do my civic duty - I plan to change my polling precinct for the elections, and then donate money for the victims of the typhoon. See item 3 above.

6. I saw a lovely Stitch doll at a local store and am thinking of mailing it to my idol Takako-san. Now I wonder, how much is shipping to Japan and how do I find the exact mailing address for the Wao Enterprise?

7. I am praying for you and for your family and loved ones. Give them a hug and tell them they are important to you. All is as nothing - a deluge, rising floodwaters, political situation down the crapper. Be good and love each other.

No comments: