Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Hyperbolic (Hypergirly) Scrunchies, Version 01: COMPLETE!




Well, I seem to be accumulating my crochet skills at a turtle's pace, but it IS satisfying indeed to complete a six-piece project in only three or four days' work. The previous post contains the pattern for these little beauties, Cayenne Boyer's Hyperbolic Scrunchie.

I just modified the pattern for use with these ponytail holders: the colored ones are actually only rounds 1-3 of the pattern; the black ones only rounds 1-2. I realized as I was making the first scrunchie that following the entire pattern would result in something rather large, considering the weight of the yarn I was working in, so I had to cut down a bit.

My sister seemed happy enough when I presented them to her yesterday as a you're-graduating-soon-congratulations gift; I do hope she finds an occasion to use them all, whether as ponytail holders or as bracelets or...or something. :D

I'm going to try to make a pair of his-and-hers scarves next and then I shall tackle THIS: Jayne Cobb's Hat!



A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything.

No comments: