Sunday, January 31, 2010

Meal in the City: Top 5 Gamer Grub

Got tagged today in a question of great and crucial import by my good friend Joel Tan over yonder at MMOtaku:

Let’s talk about what you, massively multiplayer online games fanatic, like to munch on while playing your favorite titles? Liquids count, too.

So I've decided to make my answer into a bit of a Meal in the City post. Of course, clicking on the actual MitC tag will bring up lots of things that I've eaten at the computer, but let's go and answer the question right.

So, in no particular order:

1. Dinner, usually rice and whatever I felt like buying or making. Sometimes, dinner is as easy as opening a can of tuna or sardines or corned beef. It might be more complicated, like a fried egg, some quickly-made instant noodles, or, for a change, bread instead of rice and any of the aforementioned accompaniments.

Sometimes dinner comes from the neighborhood mom-n-pop kitchen; sometimes we make a massive nice meal at home and spend the rest of the day eating leftovers. Either way, YUM.

2. Cheetos.

I know, I know, junk food BAD. True that I can eat a whole big bag in one sitting, but it's not like I eat this stuff on a daily or even weekly basis. Once in two weeks feels over-indulgent already.

3. Chocolate, the darker the better. I have a particular fondness for Meiji's Black Chocolate and for those Hershey's dark-choc-with-almonds concoctions.

4. Cereals or oatmeal.

While I quite love oatmeal, I also am partial to a bowl of good old Kellogg's Corn Flakes, or, something I could eat for three meals in a day straight, Post's Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds.

5. Lipton Milk Tea.

My favorite drink. End of discussion.

Hmm, it's early on a Sunday morning...time to make breakfast. :D Cheers to Joel and I'm looking forward to reading the answers of all the others he tagged for this meme.

No comments: