Thursday, December 3, 2009

A Girl Can Dream: Holiday Wishlist 2009, Part 1

So, December has come and it's time for presents once again. The "A Girl Can Dream" posts are, well, pretty much exactly what it says on the tin: they're stuff I wish I could buy for myself. The sorts of things that make me sigh and say, "Oh if only I had [insert obscenely large amount of money here]; this is what I'd do with it."

None of these entries have absolutely anything to do with advertising or what-not. It's a wishlist. That's all.

HOLIDAY WISHLIST PART 1: BEAUTY

As unglamorous as my real life might be - going into the office bare-faced is the rule instead of the exception - I also do want to be able to use certain really classic and useful bits of make-up and glamorous things. The following products are the ones I've always wanted to have.

1. EYES: Stila Smudge Pots

Pictured is the Holiday Smudge Pot Collection: the smudge pots are smaller, but there's a free brush.

If there's any piece of my face I like to highlight, it's my eyes. Yes, I'm painfully aware that they tend to stay hidden behind corrective lenses. Hence a wish for some really saturated eye colorings. As I understand it these babies can do double duty as liners or as shadows. I particularly favor the Cobalt and Starry Night blue pots, and the Kitten shade is great for everyday use.

2. LIPS: Clinique Color Surge Butter Shine Lipstick

These lipsticks are located in that beauty limbo between lipstick and lipgloss and are, for all that, my preferred sort of lip product. I read that when they first came out the bullets of color were so soft that the company had to rebuild their lipstick containers completely in order to support them. I think the shades that might suit me are Pink Goddess and Fresh Watermelon.

3. MULTI-PURPOSE MAKEUP: NARS the Multiple

I prefer to be a woman of a few products, and few products beat something proudly called "The Multiple". The Orgasm shade is acclaimed because it works on nearly any skin color and tone. I think I'd probably be more prone to using this on eyes and cheeks.

4. PERFUME: The Body Shop White Musk Fragrance Oil / CK One Eau de Toilette

Yes, these two are my absolute favorite perfumes in all the wild and decadent worlds of all the scents that ever appeared on this planet. Yes, I am aware of how *old* they are, thank you very much. I prefer to call them "classic". The mere fact that each scent has been around for so long and is still a best-seller proves just how alluring they are. For me, they're the two perfect scents for all possible occasions.

***

That's it for the beauty products wishlist. Yes, it will be very short compared to the other lists I'll be drawing up. Anyway, I did say I wasn't much for primping and preening - but I want to be able to do it RIGHT when I absolutely have to.

Watch out for the rest of the "A Girl Can Dream" posts. :)

2 comments:

Ligaya said...

Whoa, NARS the Multiple looks all sorts of awesome! *0* Now I want it too, orz. XD;;;

PJ Punla said...

@Ligaya

Yeah, that's why it's on this list. Something very handy to have, I'm sure.