Friday, December 4, 2009

A Girl Can Dream: Holiday Wishlist 2009, Part 2

So, December has come and it's time for presents once again. The "A Girl Can Dream" posts are, well, pretty much exactly what it says on the tin: they're stuff I wish I could buy for myself. The sorts of things that make me sigh and say, "Oh if only I had [insert obscenely large amount of money here]; this is what I'd do with it."

None of these entries have absolutely anything to do with advertising or what-not. It's a wishlist. That's all.

HOLIDAY WISHLIST PART 2: TAKARAZUKA KAGEKIDAN

Having been a while since I last posted about my fandoms, have a wishlist composed of the DVDs and shows I'd like to collect from my one and only favorite all-female theater group, the Takarazuka Revue.

Soragumi - My first and foremost favorite troupe.

a. Nostalgia Across the Sea / Millennium Challenger! 2000-2001 - Because Hanafusa Mari as Catherine the Great meshes so well with Wao Youka as a shipwrecked samurai, and because the revue, Millennium Challenger, is a bit of a Y2K headtrip.


b. Castel Mirage / Dancing Spirit! 2001 - Partly for the story and the amazing dance sequences in Castel Mirage, and partly because it has Kozuki Wataru as the "second man" for Wao.


c. Pierre the Mercenary / The Star Dust Party 2003 - Because, COME ON, it's Hanafusa as Jeanne d'Arc.


d. Casablanca 2009-2010 - I am SO getting the DVD for this when it comes out. New Top Stars Oozora Yuuhi and Nono Sumika play the star-crossed lovers Rick Blaine and Ilsa Lund, with Ranju Tomu as Victor Laszlo. This is why I love Sora so much: they're the only ones who would DARE an undertaking of this magnitude.



Yukigumi

a. The Rose of Versailles: Oscar 2006 - Of all the times that the Kagekidan has performed BeruBara, this has been acclaimed in the Western fandom as the preferred modern version. Besides, that picture alone is kickass.


b. Nishiki-e of the Wind / Zorro - The Masked Messiah 2009 - Because there is a Zorro and there is a LADY Zorro. Absolutely hell yeah do want.

Others - The TCA specials are a chance for the Kagekidan to bring together all of its major and upcoming stars from all of its constituent troupes to share the stage.

a. TCA Special 2001 - Takarazuka Dream Country - Specifically because the chanson melody in one part is rather awesome; it makes me want to see the rest of the numbers.


b. TCA Special 2004 - Takarazuka 90 ~On the Road to 100 Years~ - Because this was one of the last chances to see the immensely popular Top Stars of 2004 together, and because the amazing "Five Troupes Together Plus One" song number showcases everyone who is/was on the way to the Top Star position.

***

Yes, I KNOW, I'm showing my biases rather clearly. For all that I claim to be a fan of the Takarazuka Kagekidan, nearly all of my favorites are all limited to a certain time period, meaning I'm one of those fans who's stuck in a "time warp". It's strange AND it's fun!

Watch out for the rest of the "A Girl Can Dream" posts. :)

No comments: