Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Ultimate MMORPG! Plus: "There's a zombie on your lawn"

The boyfriend and I have just come from seeing AVATAR.

What. A. Rush. No spoilers here, but let me just say: If real life were an MMORPG, I don't suppose there was any way that it could be anything like the story in the movie said it would be?

Also, the fact that it was stated outright in the film that the humans left Earth with no more green - I had to think it: my mind jumped straight to crossover possibilities between Terminator and Avatar.

***

There's been a bit of a zee-word undertone to my weekend. The boyfriend downloaded Plants vs Zombies and has been busily earning money for upgrades in the in-game item shop. Lord, it all looked so fun - I couldn't help myself; I went to play too.



And now I have the following song on LSS.



Today, while out Christmas shopping, I picked up a book for myself: World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War, by Max Brooks. I can't wait to start reading it over the holidays.

The following story about the book never fails to amaze me:

While researching for novel, Max Brooks interviewed representatives from various police departments, emergency responders, and Homeland Security regarding the best way to defend against a zombie attack. According to Brooks, almost all the people he talked to had put at least some amount of thought into the subject.


That also apparently includes several professors in various fields, one US armed forces veteran, and at least one rabbi and one priest if the actual acknowledgments section in the book is anything to go by. These are, like, real people who would not normally have to fear a zombie pandemic but have nonetheless made plans for it.

All I can say to that is, "Amen!"

Time to make my own plans for the Zombie Apocalypse.

No comments: