Saturday, January 2, 2010

Meal in the City / Quick Photo Post 3: Ringing in 2010


Here is the dinner that my boyfriend made to ring in 2010 with. Yes, it's a bit of a mashed-up thing, with lamb chops and new potatoes and bread and cheese and mushroom soup and...oh, lost of other tasty things.

We didn't quite manage to finish everything in just one meal - we'd have to be more prodigious in our stomach capacities - so I'm having fun "recycling" some of the leftovers. Just last night, for the first meal cooked in 2010, I chopped up the remaining lamb and made fried rice with them.

I'm looking forward to a year that could be better than 2009. Yes, I realize it's odd to hedge my bets, but after how turbulent last year was, I think this is the safe option for now.

Happy New Year, and let's all make the most of it! :D

No comments: