Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Not exactly the way I wanted to wake up


The Nightmare is the best-known painting made by the Anglo-Swiss artist Henry Fuseli.

Nightmares are defined as being dreams that leave the dreamer with negative feelings such as horror and fear. I would respectfully like to submit an emotion that is even more insidious than these other two as a result of a nightmare: despair.

My partner told me once that nightmares could be cured by changing one's position in bed: if you wake up from the nightmare lying on your stomach, for example, try going back to sleep by lying down on your side or on your back. Raise your head by using another pillow. And there is of course the comfort that could be derived by cuddling something or someone.

I really wish I hadn't woken up that way. Now I'm left feeling uncomfortable and uneasy for the rest of the day.

1 comment:

Jonette said...

Rest, cuddles, and a generous dose of love. *hug*