Saturday, April 17, 2010

This morning I was a bit of a stereotype....


Dregs of a latte + beautiful Parker ballpoint pen + trusty moleskine notebook = a familiar image about writers.

I was fresh out of my Friday night shift and waiting for a ride to a morning appointment. Having already tried to sleep at the office - and failing miserably - I decided to keep myself awake with a cuppa, and while I was there I decided I'd better get some writing done.

This year I'm a bit...daunted about even attempting to join NaNoWriMo. This partly has to do with the concept - sure, I've written fanfiction before, but do I have enough juice in me to pound out 50,000 words of the same?! And it partly has to do with the work, as I'm not sure how I can work in writing 2,000 words a day around the long hours of teaching people how to speak English.

[And November and December are busy months at the office apparently.]

So one of the things I wound up writing in the notebook was a series of questions regarding NaNo readiness. I wonder if I can survive the month if I take on the workload, write the daily 2,000 or so words, and sleep six or seven hours every day.

...Yeah, that's got me quaking in my shoes a bit. Let's see how it goes from here.

No comments: