Sunday, September 12, 2010

Music to scribble madly away to

Related posts:
New/Old Fandom and NaNoWriMo status report
"I want to know what it's like to live // I want to know what it's like to love"

This weekend's been an emotional roller-coaster guide. On Friday I received some long-awaited news regarding my English-teaching job, and went to bed giddy.

Yesterday was spent doing something rather odd in celebration: it has to do with my hair. Pictures or it didn't happen, of course, and I'll be doing that as soon as I get enough decent light.

And now today, well, I've been talking and bracing myself for it for the better part of three weeks or so. September 12! Today is Mizu Natsuki's graduation day from the Takarazuka Kagekidan. I will probably post some photos from her final night when they come out. [That will be a spectacularly T__T entry all around, I think.]

And so to the title of this post. The other thing I've been doing is writing away. Sure, it's just fan fiction. And yet there is still an undeniable rush of creation, of spinning and weaving, and knowing that people like the work afterwards.

When I write stuff I like to listen to two or three songs, non-stop, over and over again. Which means that I am really no different when it comes to the community of scribblers at large. The music serves to capture the "air" or the "spirit" where the story was conceived, and helps create a place of concentration for the writer to keep at it.

So here are my current songs to write to.


The opening theme to the Tsubasa Tokyo Revelations OVA, "Synchronicity". Performed by Makino Yui, otherwise known as Sakura's voice actress.


The ending theme, "Saigo no Kajitsu". Performed by Sakamoto Maaya.


This one's a bit of a blast from the past: the opening theme of the anime series Vandread, "Trust". Performed by Salia. This version is a fan-made composite that includes video from the opening and the ending of the series's final episode, set to the entirety of the song.

So, what are your favorite songs right now?

No comments: