Thursday, September 9, 2010

My Heroes.



This picture is a little small, but if you follow this link, you'll be able to see other close-ups.

The photo above shows a faction called "The Four Horsemen". I believe the term was originally applied as a pejorative - and that it has since been embraced by at least one of these guys.

From left to right, Christopher Hitchens, Daniel C. Dennett, Richard Dawkins, and Sam Harris, proponents of a new form of atheism, one that is backed by advances in science. They believe that it is time to take a far less accommodating attitude toward religion, superstition, and religion-based fanaticism than had been extended by moderate atheists, secularists, and some secular scientists.

I'm no great debater and I need to continue brushing up on my science, but I'm firmly a believer in these guys. I think they're on the right track. I think their approach is working. And I think their message needs to be spread.

No comments: