Friday, July 9, 2010

Slow progress is still progress.

Related posts:
Cross my fingers and hope for the best...
Ripples in my memory, lead me back to you



It turns out that this afghan project is of the "fills in lazy hours" kind. I've woken up at odd times during this week and I've found that spending an hour or so on each three-row stripe of the afghan is very...soothing.

[Of course, I am still not tout a fait happy because the bloody downstairs neighbors have NO concept of peace and quiet. I can hear their voices very clearly even when they are yammering away on the ground floor and I am trying to sleep on the third floor.

Were I a sorcerer, I would either Fireball the lot or, worse, drop a permanent Silence status effect on them. Yeah. And that's just for starters.]

Anyway, I'm not sure if I should be happy with the glacial pace of progress on this thing. I'm shooting for a length of about 60 inches, but have been creeping along so that today I estimated the finished length at about 17 in. Yeah, sure, one-fourth of the way through? At this point the afghan is already large enough to be a nice lap rug.

At least I can try to make up for lost time in the next few weeks.



Is it funny or weird that the more I work on this thing the more I want to give it away? Isn't the opposite more true for crafters - "I'm making this lovely thing for someone else - and I wish I could just keep it for myself"? I don't know. Oh well. Work, work, work!

No comments: